People Serving People Foundation is based in Bangkok and provides assistance to vulnerable people. PSPF is pleased announce the opening of a position for a lawyer to work in its legal clinic – Center for Asylum Protection (CAP) – which provides legal assistance to urban refugees. CAP works on both legal and policy issues to advocate for the rights of refugees and asylum seekers.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to refugees and asylum seekers in Thailand.
- Conduct legal research for the organization including relating to new law and policy developments.
- Analyze and implement opportunities for legal interventions for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Represent refugees and asylum seekers to other organizations including in courts.
- Produce legal documents and provide legal opinions.
- Conduct advocacy in relation to the status of refugees and asylum seekers with the Thai government.
- Coordinate with CAP protection staff and NGO partners including UNHCR.
- Provide advice to staff and help to revise office’s regulations.
General Qualifications (This position is open to Thai nationals only)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Law.
- At least 5 years of experience as a lawyer.
- Possession of lawyer license and litigation experience.
- Knowledge or interest in working with vulnerable people.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills. Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to coordinate with government agencies and NGOs.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Experience in human rights work and/or working with undocumented persons.
- Knowledge of the refugee law framework and/or experience in refugee work.
Qualified candidate should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application – Lawyer” in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be notified.